viastore SYSTEMS, a leading material handling automation systems and software company, released a whitepaper titled, “Deploying SAP EWM or WM in your conventional or automated warehouse? Here’s how to get the most out of your integration.”
There are a number of reasons why an organization’s warehousing and fulfillment operations management team might choose to implement SAP EWM or SAP WM. Among them:
- Replacing or upgrading an incumbent, non-SAP warehouse management system (WMS), either homegrown or from another supplier.
- Upgrading a “best-of-breed” WMS from other vendors is just as expensive (or more expensive) than a new WMS project implementation.
- Upgrading a current SAP deployment, to EWM from WM, for example.
- Replacing the current ERP system with SAP (or implementing SAP as a first-time standard ERP).
- SAP ERP is already in use corporate-wide. For this reason, the Information Technology (IT) team has requested (or, in many cases, required) EWM or WM at the operations level for system-wide unification that’s easier to support and provides a more standard upgrade path (enhanced when an organization selects both the right implementation path and knowledgeable partner for deployment).
- SAP is already in use as the corporate-wide ERP, and operations has decided that deploying EWM or WM will better align with existing IT support and upgrade availability, corporate strategy and reporting needs, as well as enhance automation integration.
Regardless of the deciding factors—or of the ultimate choice between implementing SAP EWM or SAP WM—one of the best ways to ensure maximum benefit from the deployment is to work with a reliable, proven, SAP-authorized service partner. The right integrator / implementation partner can provide strategic consultation and optimization of the deployment, ensuring you get the most out of your conventional or automated warehouse and fulfillment operation when integrating an SAP solution.
This whitepaper takes a look at the potential benefits of an optimized SAP EWM or WM deployment; key steps to ensure a smooth implementation; and the myriad ways different functional areas within a company will benefit from partnering with a qualified SAP SCE solution provider.
To receive a copy of the whitepaper, go to: http://bit.ly/2awXXRh
About viastore SYSTEMS, Inc.
For over 40 years, viastore SYSTEMS, Inc. has been a leading international provider of automated material handling solutions including AS/RS (automated storage and retrieval systems) and conveyor systems, warehouse management systems software, material flow and process controls, and integrated SAP logistics solutions. The company employs over 470 people worldwide and has annual sales of over $140 Million. viastore’s focus is on consulting and planning, together with the implementation and constant improvement of intralogistics solutions with locations in Germany, USA, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Russia, China, Croatia, Turkey, Poland, Israel, Ukraine, Sweden, and Brazil.
viastore SYSTEMS, with North American headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI, (www.us.viastore.com) is an integrated and certified partner for all major ERP system database and operating system suppliers such as SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft. viastore SYSTEMS earned a return spot on Food Logistics’ 2015 FL100+ list of software and technology providers whose products and solutions are key to the global food supply chain. viastore SYSTEMS is a proud member of MHI.
Company Name: Viastore Systems Inc.
Contact Person: Jason Perks
Country: United States
Source: Advantages of SAP Implementation in Automated Warehouse in viastore SYSTEMS Whitepaper